While current fitness bands such as the Nike Fuel Band, FitBit, & JawBone UP have us addicted to getting in shape, their designs have left us wanting more. To combat this dearth of well designed (and useful) fitness trackers a new company has emerged with their product The Basis Band. Not only is the Basis well designed and priced right (about $200 and available in early 2012) it also packs a ton of power. Five sensors buried in the back of the screen help track daily movements for totals like calories burned, heart rate, and even your sleep…. something the Nike Fuel Band does not. Another great feature about the Basis Band is that like the Nike Fuel Band, it will reward your fitness “points” and help keep you motivated.
After getting an exclusive hands on with this product last month I can honestly say that it is one of the best fitness bands out there. I cant wait for this product to hit the market. Here is my review of the Basis Fitness Band:
What Does The Basis Fitness Band Track:
- Heart Rate
- How Much Sleep You Are Getting
- Skin Temperature
- Ambient Temperature
- How Much You’re Sweating (Galvanic Skin Response or GSR) – Also used to monitor stress levels (wow)
- Your Total Fitness Points
What Makes The Basis Band Different From Other Fitness Bands:
For one, you can wear it 24/7 and it charge lasts a week. That’s more than any of the other fitness bands out there.
Your data is automatically uploaded to the cloud which is a great feature. No need to pair it with your computer or plug it in with USB. Simply wear it and everything is done for you.
The sensors are removable which means you can add your own band or material to match the Basis Band with any outfit.
Here is a video describing the new band with CEO Jeff Holove:
This is going to serve as a small introduction to the Basis Band. Look for a post later next week when I give an in depth review of the Basis Band similar to my Nike Fuel Band review.
Leave a comment
Find Me on Google+
- Hektek on How Many Calories Do You Burn With The Nike Fuel Band?
- Roosevelt G. Franklin on My Nike Fuel Band Stats: March 2012
- Frieda B. Farley on The Basis Fitness Band: Will This New Fitness Band Change Your Life? An Introduction
- Kara Noble on The Basis Fitness Band: Will This New Fitness Band Change Your Life? An Introduction
- Mario Watson on The Basis Fitness Band: Will This New Fitness Band Change Your Life? An Introduction