I’ve been using my Nike Fuel Band everyday since I got it. I’ve been receiving a lot of questions about the band and what type of data you can expect to receive from using it. Below you will find a small sample of my monthly stats for March. Please note that in this month I was out of the country traveling and for two of the 30 days I was unable to use by Fuel Band because it wasn’t charged. Here are my Nike Fuel Band stats for March 2012:
- Days Used: 30
- Fuel Points: 96,315
- Steps: 515, 538
- Steps per Nike Fuel Point: 5.35
- Longest streak reaching my goals: 12 days (battery died)
- Average Fuel Points per day: 3,210 (my goal is 3000 per day for the initial 4 months of use and 4000 after)
- I’ve walked 357.25 miles.
- Best day: 4,002 Fuel Points (went for a run on the beach in Thailand)
- Best week: 24,584 (3/10-3/17).
Im goign to start using the Nike+ App on my computer and iPhone to get a better graphical analysis of my Fuel Band Stats. While all of these are calculated and quantified using the provided software, I feel like publically sharing them will help me better reach my goals.
All the data in this set represents 30 days of my pretty intense movement. I’m an active person by nature (even when traveling) and I think my numbers might represent a higher Fuel Band usage than most people. I wouldn’t recommend trying to emulate my Fuel Band usage but instead use it as guide to better track your stats.
Is the Nike Fuel Band still the best fitness band?
I definitely still think it is. Im writing a new post for later this week that is going to compare the Fuel Band, Jawbone Up, and FitBit and even with the direct compairisons, the Fuel Band is still king.
The great thing about the Fuel Band is that it makes you more active. There is a definitely a physiological element to it that isn’t present in the UP or Fit Bit. Ive found myself looking down at my wrist throughout the day to monitor my progress and have even found myself doing silly things like taking 2 stairs at a time to increase my output in order to reach for Fuel Point goal.
What about you? What do your sample stats look like? Share them in the comments!
Leave a comment
Find Me on Google+
- Mario Watson on The Basis Fitness Band: Will This New Fitness Band Change Your Life? An Introduction
- Moises Bush on Book Review: The Art of Intelligence by Hank Crumpton
- Sean Parker on The Basis Fitness Band: Will This New Fitness Band Change Your Life? An Introduction
- Dennis P. Robinson on Book Review: The Art of Intelligence by Hank Crumpton
- Alana L. Donovan on My Nike Fuel Band Stats: March 2012