Since the release of my Nike Fuel Band Review one of the biggest questions has revolved around how accurate the Nike Fuel Band is in predicting calories. I received several questions in the comment section about the accuracy of the Nike Fuel Band and wether it can accurately measure calories, steps, and Fuel Points.
As I’ve said all along one of the strengths of the Nike Fuel Band is that it counts all physical activity (wrist activity required). While I haven’t personally taken the time to test every exercise and activity with the Nike Fuel Band, the fine people over at Gizmodo put the Nike Fuel Band through several tests and came up with the following figures:
*As a reference point, 3000 Fuel Points is considered an active day by Nike and 2000 Fuel Points is considered normal.
- Brushing Your Teeth:: 17 Calories, 47 Nikefuel
- Eating Pizza: 8 Calories, 23 Nikefuel
- Washing Dishes: 30 Calories, 86 Nikefuel
- Sending a Text: 0 Calories, 1 Nikefuel
- Shaking My Arm Up and Down for 30 Seconds: 9 calories, 26 Nikefuel
- Smoking a Cigarette: 8 Calories, 21 Nikefuel*
- Walking Up 4 Flights of Stairs: 7 calories, 19 Nikefuel
- Taking a Shower: 60 Calories, 169 Nikefuel
- Using the Restroom (#1): 2 Calories, 6 Nikefuel
- Using the Restroom (#2): 10 Calories, 31 Nikefuel
- Sleeping: 25 Calories, 79 Nikefuel
- Masturbating: 82 Calories, 231 Nikefuel
- Having Sex: 179 Calories, 514 Nikefuel
- A Night Out Drinking: 463 Calories, 1303 Nikefuel
- A Night Out I Don’t Remember: 1129 Calories, 3320 Nikefuel
- Being Hungover: 102 Calories, 292 Nikefuel
As noted in the original article, Partying seems to get your more Fuel Points than walking up four flights of stairs. Who knew?
What about you? Have you found any odd or quirky counts with the Fuel Band? What activities seem the get the biggest band for your buck while using the Fuel Band? Anything disappointing (other than push-ups)? Leave them in the comments and Ill add them to the list.
Leave a comment
Find Me on Google+
- Mario Watson on The Basis Fitness Band: Will This New Fitness Band Change Your Life? An Introduction
- Moises Bush on Book Review: The Art of Intelligence by Hank Crumpton
- Sean Parker on The Basis Fitness Band: Will This New Fitness Band Change Your Life? An Introduction
- Dennis P. Robinson on Book Review: The Art of Intelligence by Hank Crumpton
- Alana L. Donovan on My Nike Fuel Band Stats: March 2012